Wouter J. den Haan - Usefull & useless stuff
- 2 Wouters.
- 1967 diversity. The chance you get me to laugh like this on a pic is now virtually zero.
- brothers .
- Wonderful 70s haircuts. Try to figure out who I am.
- Joining the nerds. And look who is surrounded by the few girls in the class.
- A young me proudly facing the bigots (American version of Dutch CU/SGP voters and EO fans).
- In California things are a bit different .
- My Californian dream and my Californian reality .
- Den Haan Hall If you take a careful look at the wooden sign, then you see that a "building" was named after me at CMU (when I was a PhD student)
- Recent pics, pic1 & pic2 & pic3 & pic4
- Video about Millenium bridge that explains Basel II & systemic risk.
- A 1961 publication proposing the HP filter.
- A very informative brief history of the role of search & matching literature in business cycle models making clear that the recent Handbook chapter by Rogerson and Shimer is not very complete and a bit misleading.
- Ariel Rubinstein's worldwide guide for coffee places to work and think
- Grandfather, dad, uncles, aunts, cousins, offspring
- If you thought that with my last name you couldn't be a muscician, then you were wrong. Check out this guy
- Paolo Nutini made me go on a trip to Sunderland and I would do it again. To see why check out for example Last Request on youtube
- If you don't understand why the human voice can be the most beautiful musical instrument when used with talent listen to Israel Kamagawiwo'ole singing Hele On To Kauai on youtube. Also check out Somewhere over the rainbow for another jewel and a very touching scene at the end
To see what is meant with "hang ten" check out this youtube hang ten video . It ain't an easy thing to do.
- I was born in West Papua , which currently is colony of Indonesia, but really should be an independent country. West Papua has suffered gross human rights abuses and violant oppression for a very long time now.